Our client is seeking a Support Analyst Programmer to work in their office based in Gloucester. The primary role of a Support Analyst/Programmer is to join the client’s Application Managed Support team that look after the day to day support of the production mortgages system.
This involves investigating issues and remediating if necessary, advising the customer on issues/solutions, coding solutions/workarounds, supporting implementation of changes/fixes.
There is also a small amount of local development needed, so the ability to design, develop and implement changes to the Financial Services System product suite, and to produce MI and other reporting.
Candidates will have proven commercial experience, a working knowledge of the UK mortgages market and a solid working knowledge of Financial Services Systems.
The consultant will work within the FSS AMS team and will be tasked with supporting the clients’ production system. There will also be the need to work on client requirements and the need to maintain an efficient and architecturally correct solution. The consultant will also assist with documenting the solutions to enable developers to build and test it whilst also being involved in various EAE & .NET development activities.
The role will also involve quality control checks of developed systems, validation and an occasional need to develop and/or test solutions, support of the build and test teams, support of the business analysts in determining requirements and assisting in estimating the size of changes.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Working with the AMS team, supporting the live FSS system.
• Producing fixes or workarounds to ensure that the production system is minimally impacted.
• Producing local fix reports, MI and/or data extracts to the support teams.
• Responding to queries on the workings of FSS, directly to the client’s business resources.
• Provide advice and guidance on any newly developed solutions.
• Supporting the production of documentation to show how the solution addresses requirements and detailed change specifications to guide the build and test teams.
• Support of the client’s support and test teams.
• Support of build and test teams within the development centre.
• Supporting business analysts in determining requirements and production of development estimates.
• Supporting quality checking of developed systems.
• Excellent communication skills, particularly written/documentation.
• A detailed understanding of the FSS product suite.
• Experience within EAE/LINC development and some knowledge of SQL.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Some level of flexibility in work patterns.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Follows standard processes and procedures.
• Good team-working skills.
• Experience of working closely with off-shore teams.
Index Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
"Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion