I am working with a delightful family business within the Bristol area. A successful company still in a period of growth, with further exciting times ahead are looking to recruit !
Working within the Construction sector, specifically maintenance. Within this role, you will be reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a key role within the Finance Department and the wider business as a whole. Ensuring high standards of financial integrity, rigour, governance and controls are in place and providing guidance to 2 additional Finance bookkeeping staff.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Operations Director in the maintenance of tight cost control and monitoring of project profitability for large projects.
Key role and responsibilities
* Overall responsibility for the maintaining of accurate Project revenues and payments made.
* Reconciling of Project Customer accounts to the payment statements from Customers.
* Flagging of any anomalies and monthly follow up with the Operations Director and Financial Controller
* Liaison where necessary with customer QS and accounts departments to assist in the resolving of variances in payment certificates.
* Helping and assisting with the figures to confirm the Final Account values with customers.
* Maintenance of project costing labour analysis to support the monthly Project Profitability reporting
* Review of material costing to ensure correct project analysis in Sage.
* To assist in the development of tenders, business cases and new build pricing schedules and set up and develop controls to measure, track and report performance
* Develop, manage and maintain Project accounting and management reporting systems, using Sage 50 and Excel.
* Assist in the monthly and annual accounting close.
* Assist with the timely preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for overall Company and departments (including variance analysis and commentary)
* Assist with the provision of key financial metrics and performance indicators for the business.
* Assist with the preparation of the company annual budget.
* Other support, when needed
The ideal candidate
Qualifications & training
• Part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
* Experience of working in a Project or Contracts service led organisation e.g. facilities management, construction, etc.
* Experience of working in an SME (desirable)
* Experience of project/contract accounting (desirable )
* Qualities and attitude
* Hands on approach with strong communication skills, strong commercial acumen,strong analytic skill and with attention to detail
* Technical knowledge
* Advanced Excel skills
* Working knowledge of SAGE
My client have Strong values, all of which i would enjoy telling you about. Please apply today for more information
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy