Great opportunity for an accomplished bookkeeper to manage the accounts of a dynamic and niche business operation. Working closely with the Managing Director, the Accounts Manager will run a busy ledger department and take accounts to trial balance. the business runs Sage software and experience of this is essential. The position is offered as an initial 9 month contract, but there is a strong possibility of extension or permanent contract at the end of this tenure.
The successful candidate s scope of work will also include the complete management of the accounts office and its day to day activities, You will need some of the following skills and attributes:
• Excellent communication skills - both face to face, by phone and email.
• Producing monthly KPI/Management Accounts information.
• Preparation of accounts to Trial Balance stage.
• Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns using Sage 50
• Reconciliation of bank accounts.
• Petty Cash and Credit Card Reconciliation.
• Maintain Purchase Ledger and make BACS payments.
• Maintain Sales Ledger and chase outstanding debts.
• Liaise with HMRC and external Accountants.
• Maintenance of Personnel holidays and absence.
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office: excel and ppt for reports.
• Prepare VAT Returns and file with HMRC