Finance Assistant required for small global Company, ZapGo is a high Technology Company developing technology to address the problems of slow charging and the use of hazardous materials.
My Client is based in Harwell on the Rutherford Lab campus. are looking for a Finance Assistant. Reporting to the Head of Finance the successful candidate will be proficient in the use of MS products and in particular Excel.
Ideally you will be AAT qualified with a desire to study to a higher qualification.
The role is to assist the Head of Finance deliver on all financial compliance issues but also work closely with non-finance specific project accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Responsible for the Purchase Requisition system, correct coding of Orders and liaison with outsourced Purchase Ledger resource
* Grant administration and Accounting
* Budgeting and Financial Modelling.
* Monitor and Liaise with Outsourced Accounting and Tax compliance partners
* Support the Annual audit process
DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Management accounting – Assist HOF with the monitoring and liaison with my partner PWC.
* Statutory Accounting – Assist HOF manage a period end processes, financial reporting and liaise with PWC over accounting policies, technical papers and statutory accounts.
* Statutory audit – preparation of year end audit file and liaison with BDO.
* Grant accounting – preparation and maintenance of Project records in accordance with grant rules. Submission of grant claims on a timely basis. Arrange for periodic audits and liaise with auditors
* Ad hoc Project accounting for our new office facility (Home).
Purchase Order System
* Responsible for issue and coding of purchase requisitions and authorising of purchase orders. Authorisation of purchase invoices. Monitor maintenance of purchase ledger and liaise with Continuum (external accounting firm).
* Working with operational managers on cost control and timetabling.
* Assist with the preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts
* Assist with ad hoc projects for Senior management team
* Strong skills in use of Excel spreadsheets
* AAT Qualified with a desire to consider studying to a higher qualification
* Audit training background or previous experience in Industry in this role
* Accuracy in work with strong Compliance work mind-set
* Strong communications and inter personal skills ,with ability to work with both Finance and Non finance roles
* Working knowledge of Finance IT packages.
* Ability to write reports, in both MSWord and PowerPoint.
* Good attention to detail