Change and Transformation Project Manager
8 months contract
Start date: ASAP
A multinational investment bank is looking for a Change and Transformation Project Manager to join their team for an 8 months contract in London, focusing on a CREST-project.
The COO UK Projects team is a team of project professionals reporting to the Head of Change and Transformation, who in turn reports to the GBIS EMEA COO/UK COO. It aims at supporting the organisation by providing support and expertise in projects delivery.
Its activities are focused around transversal projects, primarily those which are linked to major organisational or strategic change or regulatory or market driven or otherwise mandatory and in all cases via a structured approach and governance.
The key purposes of the role:
This role reports directly to the Head of Change and Transformation.
The role holder is responsible for delivering key projects within the London Platform and is responsible for the following in either ‘lead’ capacity or providing key support dependent on the programme/project structure and requirements:
* Delivery of change within the change portfolio as assigned
* Undertake analysis as required to assist senior management to make necessary decision on the strategy and scope of the target solution and budget and approach of the project
* Development and maintenance of key project artefacts, ensuring robust project management lifecycle methodology has been applied to projects and documents are drafted, reviewed and approved in accordance with the team guidelines / project requirements
* Active management of project risks and issues in particular ensuring they are properly resolved, or escalated to the appropriate level with corrective actions
* Managing the project and coordination of all contributors (internal and external)
* Ensuring that the deliverables are completed on time, within budget to the required level of quality
* Managing the budget with particular attention to external costs if appropriate
* Managing the project steering committees and liaising with senior stakeholders / sponsors of the project
* Managing the communication throughout the project
* Managing the project closure and transition into business as usual
In addition, the role holder is responsible for helping to develop the Change and Transformation team including:
* Contributing to and the leverage the teams knowledge capital
* Devloping the team’s thought leadership
* Helping the Business Line or Support functions to shape new projects
* Identifying opportunities for the Change and Transformation team to assist in other projects.
Summary of responsibilities:
Carrying out the core responsibilities below – either in a ‘lead’ capacity or in support of the Programme Manager. The level of responsibility (i.e. lead or support) will depend on the project/programme structure and requirements
* Pro -active stakeholder management
* Effective co-ordination of resources
* Co-ordination and facilitating/leading relevant project/programme governance sessions
* Pro-active project/programme status monitoring including regular reporting; pro-active RAID management and timely escalation including proposing solutions / mitigations as required
* Project/programme deliverables to be completed accurately; to the required level of quality and on time
* Pro-active budget monitoring
* Provide support and input to the Programme Manager on a wide range of Programme requirements
* Contributing to and the leverage the team’s knowledge capital and developing the team’s thought leadership
* Helping the Business Line or Support functions to shape new projects including seeing where the Change and Transformation team to assist in delivery
Specific mission linked to this assignment: - CREST membership implementation
For one of our business line, Fixed income REPO, the Project Manager will act as a coordinator between our services provider (APTP) and our operational department for the implementation of a new CREST direct membership.
The objective is to deliver the CREST solution that allows our desk to access to dedicated secures network.
Scope products : FIC Repo Desk, Crest connectivity
The streams in scope for this assignment:
- Workshops with internal SME & APTP services providers
- Test plan drafting
- UAT Testing
- Migration process
Deliverables : Coordination of the project, Test plans and Coordination of UAT and implementation, change management organisation
Requirements / technical knowledge:
* Project management skills: development and implementation of appropriate governance frameworks, financial management, risk management, stakeholder management
* Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to influence, build effective relationships and communicate successfully with the key decision makers
* Able to deal with ambiguity and to seek out, assimilate and analyse information on a wide range of topics
* Commercial acumen: collaborative and pragmatic approach to solving issues with awareness of business priorities and related risks
* Coordination skills (internal and external colleagues)
* Ability to work autonomously and be responsible for following matters through to completion
* Solution and delivery focused, service-oriented and proactive
* Team player with excellent emotional intelligence, enjoys sharing information, works collaboratively, sets and supports high standards of performance in self and others
* Strong risk culture and reliable professional conduct: demonstrates risk awareness and good conduct behaviours, knowledge of and compliance with internal policies